Website Oneida Nation of the Thames
Position: Registered Early Childhood Educator(s) Department: Oneida Child Care Centre
Wage Range: $32,760 – $40,000 minimum starting salary Term: Permanent – Full Time
(Dependent on qualifications and experience)
Hours: 40 hours/week, Monday – Friday, shifts between 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
Posting Date: November 5, 2019 Closing Date: November 19, 2019 @ 4:30PM
This position will be under the supervision of the Oneida Child Care Centre Supervisor. The RECE is responsible for the safety, health and well-being of children in the centre. General responsibilities include the preparation of weekly program plans that reflect the needs of the individual child, general up keep of toys, equipment and the Child Care Centre premises. The ideal candidate will be willing to learn basic Oneida Language that could be implemented into daily routines and activities.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institute and enrollment with the College of RECE, OR;
- Registration in an RECE diploma program with an expected completion date within 2 years;
- Secondary School Diploma or General Equivalent Diploma REQUIRED;
- Experience working with First Nations children and/or families, ASSET;
- Previous employment experience as an ECE; ASSET.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- The successful candidate will provide a CPIC-vulnerable screening, at own expense, before starting employment;
- The successful candidate must provide a health assessment, an immunization record and a negative TB skin test;
- The successful candidate must provide a current First Aid/Infant CPR Certificate, before starting employment;
- The successful candidate must provide a copy of all of Certificates and/or Diploma.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
Cover letter, resume, one (1) current Supervisor reference and two (2) work related references (names and telephone numbers only)
Interested applicants please submit documentation to:
Oneida Nation of the Thames, Administration Office
Human Resource Department
2212 Elm Avenue,
Southwold, Ontario N0L 2G0
OR Fax (519) 652-2930
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested. (Only those selected for an interview will be contacted)
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is a preference.
- Where non-Aboriginal employees have accepted, as a term of their employment, that they may be displaced in preference to an Aboriginal candidate, the Oneida Nation of the Thames must still treat the non-Aboriginal employee in a fair and reasonable manner, by for example, ensuring that adequate notice of termination is given. It is not acceptable to dismiss a permanent employee in favour of an Aboriginal employee if no preferential policy or practice was in place at the time of the permanent hiring.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations please contact Human Resources.
NOTE: All applicants are urged to obtain a full job profile, by contacting the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244.
“People of the Standing Stone”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.