Registered Early Childhood Educator
Website Oneida Nation of the Thames Oneida Nation of the Thames
Oneida Nation of the Thames
Position: Registered Early Childhood Educator Term: Permanent Full-Time
Department: Head Start Family Resource Centre Salary: $20.40 –$25.48/hour – Based on qualifications
Hours: 35 hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday, flexible to work some evenings and weekends based on programming
Posting Date: March 8, 2023 Closing Date: Open until Filled
Under the immediate supervision of the Head Start Family Resource Centre Supervisor, the Registered Early Childhood Educator will (work as part of the EarlyON team) develop and deliver culturally enriched, Oneida-based early years curriculum. The RECE will be responsible for the delivery of developmentally appropriate, educational, supportive and interactive programs that address the needs of children ages 0–6, families and community.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institute and enrollment with the College of RECE; OR
- Registration in an ECE diploma program with an expected completion date within 2 years;
- 1-2 years’ experience working with children and families, an asset;
- Valid CPR/First Aid certification OR willingness to obtain.
- The successful candidate must submit a recent (within 3-months) Vulnerable Sector CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of immunization records, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of valid First Aid/CPR certificate [if applicable];
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of applicable educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.), prior to starting employment.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;
Submit all mandatory documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is preferred.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.