Position: Registered Early Childhood Educator Term: Permanent Full-Time
Department: Child Care Centre
Salary: $20.00/hour to start, includes wage enhancement for hours worked
Hours: 40 hours/week, three (3) rotating shifts between 7:30a.m. – 5:30p.m., Monday – Friday
Posting Date: September 21, 2022 Closing Date: October 4, 2022 at 4:30p.m.
Under the immediate supervision of the Oneida Child Care Supervisor, the RECE is responsible for the safety, health and well-being of children in the centre. General responsibilities include the preparation of weekly program plans that reflect the needs of the individual child, general upkeep of toys, equipment and the Child Care Centre premises. The ideal candidate will be willing to learn basic Oneida Language that could be implemented into daily routines and activities. Oneida Child Care is dedicated to providing training opportunities and educational advancements.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institute and enrollment with the College of RECE; OR
- Registration in a RECE diploma program with an expected completion date within 2 years;
- Experience working with First Nations children and/or families, an asset;
- Previous employment experience as an ECE, an asset;
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification.
- The successful candidate must submit a current VS-CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a health assessment, an immunization record and a negative TB skin test, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit current First Aid/CPR certificate, prior starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of applicable educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.), prior to starting employment.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;
Submit all mandatory documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is preferred.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.