Website Oneida Nation of the Thames
TERM: Permanent Full-Time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, three (3) rotating shifts between 7:30a.m. to 5:30p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Child Care Centre
SALARY: TBD – Based on education and experience, includes group benefits and pension
POSTING DATE: August 25, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Under the immediate supervision of the Oneida Child Care Supervisor, the RECE is responsible for the safety, health and well-being of children in the centre. General responsibilities include the preparation of weekly program plans that reflect the needs of the individual child, general upkeep of toys, equipment and the Child Care Centre premises. The ideal candidate will be willing to learn basic Oneida Language that could be implemented into daily routines and activities. Oneida Child Care is dedicated to providing training opportunities and educational advancements.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institute and enrollment with the College of RECE; OR
- Registration in an RECE diploma program with an expected completion date within 2 years;
- Secondary School Diploma or General Equivalent Diploma, REQUIRED;
- Experience working with First Nations children and/or families, ASSET;
- Previous employment experience as an ECE,
- The successful candidate will provide a current VS-CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must provide a health assessment, an immunization record and a negative TB skin test, at own expense;
- The successful candidate must provide a current First Aid/Infant CPR Certificate, before starting employment;
- The successful candidate will provide a photocopy of applicable educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.)
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications identified;
- Three (3) Supervisor references (names and telephone numbers only).
Submit all mandatory documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is a preference.
- Where non-Aboriginal employees have accepted, as a term of their employment, that they may be displaced in preference to an Aboriginal candidate, the Oneida Nation of the Thames must still treat the non-Aboriginal employee in a fair and reasonable manner, by for example, ensuring that adequate notice of termination is given. It is not acceptable to dismiss a permanent employee in favour of an Aboriginal employee if no preferential policy or practice was in place at the time of the permanent hiring.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 826 or by email to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.