Position: Payroll and Benefits Clerk Term: Permanent Full-Time
Department: Finance Salary: TBD – Based on qualifications and experience
Hours: 35 hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday
Posting Date: January 19, 2023 Closing Date: February 1, 2023 at 4:30p.m.
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Administrator, the Payroll and Benefits Clerk is responsible for the collection, verification and processing of bi-weekly payroll along with month/year end related payroll remittances and reports to outside agencies including T4s. The Payroll and Benefits Clerk is responsible for tracking employee leaves, updating reports as well as providing support to other roles within the department as required. The Payroll and Benefits Clerk is also responsible for the administration of the group pension and group benefits plans.
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma OR GED required;
- College diploma OR University degree related to accounting, bookkeeping and payroll administration preferred;
- Completion or enrolment in Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification an asset;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in payroll and/or accounting an asset;
- Strong knowledge of payroll and accounting cycles required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required;
- Experience in AccPac preferred.
- The successful candidate must submit a recent (within 6-months) CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of applicable educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.), prior to starting employment.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;
Submit all mandatory documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is preferred.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.