TERM: Permanent Part-Time, Hours vary based on client medical appointments, between Monday – Saturday.
POSTING DATE: April 7, 2021
CLOSING DATE: April 20, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
Under the direct supervision of the Medical Transportation Coordinator, the Medical Transportation Van Driver works as part of the Medical Transportation team providing safe, courteous and timely transportation for clients of the program. The Medical Van Driver assists clients of Oneida Nation of the Thames to and from health facilities in London and surrounding areas. The Medical Van Driver ensures the van is in proper working order at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Picks up and returns clients to and from medical appointments as per schedule;
- Assists clients to and from the vehicle as needed;
- Completes van maintenance checklist on daily basis before picking up clients and reports any concerns to Medical Transportation Coordinator or designate immediately;
- Ensures seatbelts are worn at all times;
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicle; washes as required; sanitizes after each trip; ensures adequate supply of face masks;
- Ensures safety emergency kit is in the van at all times;
- Completes log sheets accurately for each trip and submits as scheduled;
- Answers or responds to all incoming calls on cell phone within scheduled time in a safe manner;
- Reports delays in picking up or dropping off clients to Medical Transportation Coordinator or designate immediately;
- Reports any accidents to Medical Transportation Coordinator or designate immediately;
- Responsible to be available to work evenings and weekends.
Disclaimer – This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of London-Middlesex, Elgin county roads and streets, local hospitals, health centres and Doctor’s offices;
- Basic vehicle knowledge of inspections and maintenance;
- Ontario Highway Traffic Act;
- Safe driving/Defensive driving;
- Knowledge of wheelchair lifts;
- Active listening skills;
- Customer service skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Time management skills;
- Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent PLUS a minimum of two (2) years driving experience with a valid G license, REQUIRED;
- Patient transportation experience, PREFERRED;
- Must have a clean Driver’s Abstract;
- Must have valid First-Aid/CPR certificate;
- Must be willing to take wheelchair lift training and other training deemed relevant to the position;
- Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends.
- The successful applicant will submit a current VS-CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful applicant will submit a photocopy of valid Ontario Driver’s License and current Driver’s Abstract, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful applicant will submit a photocopy of valid First-Aid/CPR certification, prior to starting employment;
- The successful applicant will submit photocopy of educational qualifications, prior to starting employment.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION
- Cover Letter;
- Three (3) supervisory references (names and telephone numbers only).
Submit all mandatory documentation to email@example.com
Due to COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is a preference.
- Where non-Aboriginal employees have accepted, as a term of their employment, that they may be displaced in preference to an Aboriginal candidate, the Oneida Nation of the Thames must still treat the non-Aboriginal employee in a fair and reasonable manner, by for example, ensuring that adequate notice of termination is given. It is not acceptable to dismiss a permanent employee in favour of an Aboriginal employee if no preferential policy or practice was in place at the time of the permanent hiring.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.