Position: Lands and Estates/Housing Administrator Term: Permanent Full-Time
Division: Administration Salary: TBD – based on qualifications and experience
Hours: 40 hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday
Posting Date: January 19, 2023 Closing Date: February 8, 2023 at 4:30p.m.
Under the direction and supervision of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Lands and Estates/Housing Administrator is responsible for the efficient management and administration of the Lands & Estates and Housing Departments which including the supervision of the Lands and Estates Researcher, Surveyor (2); Housing Manager.
Oneida Nation of the Thames land transactions are handled internally which is unique to the settlement. The Lands and Estates Administrator will develop a strategic plan for both the Lands and Estates and Housing Departments. The Administrator will establish and implement departmental short-and-long-range goals, objectives, and operational directives. The Lands and Estates/Housing Administrator oversees divisional operations to ensure efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources. The Lands and Estates/Housing Administrator will have full responsibility for the departments.
- University degree or College diploma in Public Administration, Law Clerk or related field OR related work experience;
- Minimum 2 years job related experience in a management capacity;
- Strong knowledge of federal, provincial, and local laws, codes, regulations governing lands and estate, housing;
- Strong understanding of the organization and the functions of Council;
- Experience in strategic planning and execution;
- Experience in developing work plans, budgets, proposals, policies and procedures;
- Trained in Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Conflict Resolution or willing to obtain.
- The successful candidate must submit a recent (within 6-months) Vulnerable Sector CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of applicable educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.), prior to starting employment.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;
Submit all mandatory documentation to email@example.com
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is preferred.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.