Position: Housing Manager Term: Permanent Full-Time
Division: Administration Salary: $55,000 – $65,000 annually dependent on experience
Hours: 35 hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday
Posting Date: June 16, 2022 Closing Date: July 6, 2022 at 4:30p.m.
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Offer, the Housing Manager is responsible for quality, efficient, and cost-effective management, monitoring, and administration of the Oneida Housing portfolio which includes financial and funding responsibilities, the oversight and management of all operations of the housing portfolio, implementation of its policy frameworks, processes and procedures, and active community relations. The Housing Manager will ensure that the Oneida community is served in an equitable, transparent, and ethical manner.
- University Degree OR College Diploma in Public Administration, Business Administration, Project Management Professional designation, OR related field;
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of job-related experience in a management position;
- Strong working knowledge of Federal, Provincial and Local Laws, codes and regulations; Housing programs [CMHC; Ontario; and other First Nation housing models]; and other government legislation that impacts Housing and Lands;
- Strong understanding of First Nations Organizations and the functions of Band Council;
- Experience in strategic planning and its execution;
- Proven ability to develop business plans, strategic plans, work plans, budgets, proposals, policies, and procedures;
- Public speaking, presentation and group facilitation skills.
- The successful candidate must submit a current CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of valid driver’s license, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of applicable educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.), prior to starting employment.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;
Submit all mandatory documentation to email@example.com
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is preferred.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.