|Position:||First Nation Police Constable|
|Term:||Full Time Contract Position|
|Wage Range:||Dependent upon Qualifications and Experience|
|Reports to:||Oneida Nation Police Sergeant|
Posting Date: January 12, 2023 Closing Date: January 25, 2023 at 4:30p.m.
In partnership with the community, the Oneida Nation Police Service strives to operate a police agency focused on preventing crime in a respectful manner and is fully committed to creating the safest environment through continuous community service, training, and education.
- Minimum 18 years of age;
- Indigenous ancestry will be given priority, followed by Canadian citizenship or permanent residency;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or its equivalent (Candidates who do not have a grade 12 diploma, but have completed a college diploma program or a university degree program will be considered as having a grade 12 diploma);
- Fluency in English;
- Class ‘G’ driver’s license with full driving privileges and no more than 6 demerit points;
- No criminal record for which a records suspension (pardon) has not been received or an absolute/conditional discharge that has not been sealed;
- Certified in Standard First-Aid and CPR (Level “C”);
- Successfully pass Medical, Psychological, Security, and Financial Assessments and a detailed Character Investigation;
- Successfully obtaining the Ontario Police Fitness Pin Award (Fit Pin) during Week 1 of training is a condition of employment (An overall score of 75% or higher is required).
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION
- Cover letter and Resume;
- Completed Uniform Recruitment Self-Assessment Tool;
- Detailed & completed activity/fitness logs for a two-week period prior to submission of application;
- Full driver’s abstract (if you have been licensed outside of Ontario, those provincial checks must be submitted as well);
- IF YOU HAVE LIVED OUTSIDE OF CANADA (within the last 5 years for 6 months or longer), you must submit a Criminal Record Check from the place of origin;
- Copies of Official Secondary and Post-secondary transcripts (cost borne by applicant);
- If experienced, must submit OPC (Ontario Police College) transcripts or equivalency;
- Copies of CPR/First Aid and other relevant certification;
- Three (3) employment reference letters which include names and contact information; 10. Copy of Ontario Driver’s license;
- Copy of certification of birth.
Submit all mandatory documentation to email@example.com
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is preferred.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.