Oneida Nation of the Thamews
TERM: Temporary Full-Time, 2020-2021 School Term, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., possibility of Permanent Full-Time effective September 2021
DEPARTMENT: Standing Stone School
SALARY: TBD – Based on experience and education
POSTING DATE: April 6, 2021
CLOSING DATE: April 19, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
As part of the educational support team at Standing Stone School, you will provide one-on-one educational, socio-emotional or mental health support for one student.
Oneida Nation of the Thames provides attractive employment opportunities in a small, community supported school setting. Oneida Nation of the Thames is a First Nations Settlement located near the city of London, Ontario. Standing Stone School offers a Full Day Kindergarten – Grade 6 program serving approximately 200 students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in improving student learning experiences and outcomes;
- Assists in application of specialized environments and learning strategies for those students requiring varying levels of additional support;
- Track student progress regularly and supports student learning;
- Assists in directing each student’s specialized education program, consistently emphasizing student strengths and gifts, while implementing modifications and/or accommodations to the approved curriculum within specific subject areas;
- Apply early interventions, observation, and positive reinforcement;
- All tasks are based on student needs.
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Behaviour Management System (BMS) Training;
- ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis) Training;
- Special Education Programs, interventions and outcomes;
- Flexible, goal oriented, problem solver;
- Adaptability from working as part of a team to following through with independent task instructions;
- Detail oriented and able to manage personal time so as to be ready when students arrive;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Background in primary and junior educational settings, preferred;
- Experience working with individuals with special needs, such as a developmental support worker, educational assistant or similar experience, preferred;
- Experience with First Nations Education systems is
- The successful applicant will provide a current VS-CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful applicant will submit an up-to-date Immunization Record, including a TB Test, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful applicant will provide photocopies of applicable education qualifications.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION
- Cover Letter;
- Three (3) supervisory references (names, titles and telephone numbers only).
Submit all mandatory documentation to email@example.com
Due to COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is a preference.
- Where non-Aboriginal employees have accepted, as a term of their employment, that they may be displaced in preference to an Aboriginal candidate, the Oneida Nation of the Thames must still treat the non-Aboriginal employee in a fair and reasonable manner, by for example, ensuring that adequate notice of termination is given. It is not acceptable to dismiss a permanent employee in favour of an Aboriginal employee if no preferential policy or practice was in place at the time of the permanent hiring.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.