EarlyON Family Activator
Website Oneida Nation of the Thames Oneida Nation of the Thames
Oneida Nation of the Thames
Position: EarlyON Family Activator Term: Permanent Full-Time
Department: Head Start Family Resource Centre Salary: $21–$26/hour–based on qualifications and experience
Hours: 35 hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday, flexible to work some evenings and weekends based on programming
Posting Date: March 8, 2023 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under the direct supervision of the Head Start Family Resource Centre Manager, the EarlyON Family Activator will be responsible for the development and delivery of early years, family-enriched programming for participants in the Oneida Head Start Family Resource Centre programs. The EarlyON Family Activator will provide learning opportunities for parents and caregivers raising young children ages pre-natal to 6 years of age, by building a network of support services with various health and social support programs within the community and surrounding area. The EarlyON Family Activator will be responsible for coordination, co-facilitation, delivery, and evaluation of the programs delivered to the families.
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Early Childhood Education OR Social Service Worker;
- Licensed with regulated governing body (Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators OR Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers);
- 1–2-year work experience with children and families; an asset;
- Valid First Aid/CPR OR willingness to obtain.
- The successful candidate must submit a current (within 6-months) Vulnerable Sector CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of valid driver’s license and a current drivers abstract, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of applicable educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.), prior to starting employment.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;
Submit all mandatory documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is preferred.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.