Position: Director of Social Services
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Division: Social Services
Salary: Competitive salary range
Hours: 40 hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday
Posting Date: September 14, 2023 Closing Date: October 4, 2023 at 4:30p.m.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of Social Services is responsible for the senior management and implementation of all social service programs including: Band Representatives, Prevention, Ontario Works, Shelter Operations and Jordan’s Principle. The Director of Social Services provides leadership to staff and supervises the program managers. This leader works closely with staff and community members and establishes strong working relationships with agencies, community stakeholders, organizations, as well as representatives from the municipal, provincial and federal government. The Director of Social Services will have the overall responsibility to ensure that the departmental policies and procedures reflect the social framework of the division. With ongoing organizational growth, and possible restructuring, the departments overseen by the Director of Social Services may change.
KEY Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the planning, development and implementation of social services and programs within a nation based framework;
- Liaises with community members to ensure active consultation when creating and delivering programs and services;
- Advocates for continued service delivery of services;
- Initiates community outreach initiatives to increase public awareness of programs and services;
- Responsible for personnel management under the division; ensuring those in supervisory roles implement policies and procedures consistently;
- Establishes and implements departmental goals and objectives;
- Oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of departmental work plans which are reflective of the social framework and departmental policies;
- Supervises applications for grants and other funding and reviews all newly developed proposals for funding prior to submission;
- Formulates, oversees and maintains departmental budgets.
- College or University Diploma/Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Public/Business Administration and/or closely related field of study (deemed relevant by the interview panel);
- Minimum five (5) years of working experience in a management/supervisory capacity;
- Strong knowledge base in the following areas: Band Representatives, Prevention, Ontario Works, Shelter Operations and Jordan’s Principle;
- Knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, Ontario Works Act and regulations and legislation relevant to the division;
- Previous experience or knowledge to plan, develop and implement a comprehensive nation based social services program;
- Knowledge of and ability to complete annual funding reports, work plans and budgets;
- Knowledge of people and change management;
- Familiar with the Oneida Nation of the Thames political structure and programs and services for community members;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment;
- Professional integrity and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality is essential.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;
REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO STARTING EMPLOYMENT:
- The successful candidate must submit a recent (completed within 6-months) Vulnerable Sector CPIC, at own expense;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of applicable educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.).
Submit all mandatory documentation to email@example.com.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is preferred.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com