Oneida Nation of the Thames
TERM: Six-month, Temporary, Full-Time, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, Split shift 7:45 am to 11:15 and 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Child Care Centre
SALARY: $16.00 per hour
POSTING DATE: August 25, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Immediate Hire
This position will be responsible for disinfecting highly touched surfaces (indoor and outdoor), screen and sign staff in as they arrive, answer the phones, confirm the parent/guardian has completed the himama online screening tool.
- Grade 10 or higher;
- Up-to-date immunizations
- TB testing
- First aid/CPR, Training will be paid for if needed.
- The successful candidate will provide a current VS-CPIC, at own expense;
- The successful candidate must provide a health assessment, an immunization record and a negative TB skin test, at own expense;
- The successful candidate must provide a current First Aid/Infant CPR Certificate;
- The successful candidate will provide a photocopy of High school transcript.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications identified;
- One (1) Work experience reference and two (2) Character references, i.e., Teacher, professor, coach, trainer, music teacher, language teacher.
Submit all mandatory documentation to email@example.com. Due to COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is a preference.
- Where non-Aboriginal employees have accepted, as a term of their employment, that they may be displaced in preference to an Aboriginal candidate, the Oneida Nation of the Thames must still treat the non-Aboriginal employee in a fair and reasonable manner, by for example, ensuring that adequate notice of termination is given. It is not acceptable to dismiss a permanent employee in favour of an Aboriginal employee if no preferential policy or practice was in place at the time of the permanent hiring.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 826 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.