Website Oneida Nation of the Thames
Position: Early Years Classroom Assistant
Wage Range: $16.00/hour based on qualifications
Department: Oneida Nation Head Start and Family Resource Centre
Term: 2 year contract, with possibility of becoming permanent full-time
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30a.m – 4:30pm, 35 hours per week
Posting Date: January 13, 2020 Closing Date: January 24, 2020 @ 4:30PM
The Early years Classroom Assistant will provide positive interaction through play activities, as well as develop and implement traditional and contemporary approaches in the delivery of child care services. This position is responsible for daily recording of children’s progress and keeping the team and parent advised. They are also responsible for maintaining health and safety standards in the playroom and outdoor play area.
- Secondary School Diploma (or GED); Required
- Early Childhood Education Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institute and enrollment with the College or RECE; OR
- Registration in an RECE diploma program with an expected completion date within 2 years;
- Two years of employment experience as an ECE OR Classroom Assistant; asset
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- The successful candidate will submit copies of all applicable educational qualifications
- The successful candidate will submit a VS-CPIC, prior to starting employment, at own expense.
- The successful candidate will submit a copy of First Aid/Infant CPR
- The successful candidate will submit a copy of Up-to-date Immunization Record
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
- Cover letter, resume, three 3 work related references (names and telephone numbers only);
Interested applicants please submit documentation to:
Oneida Nation of the Thames, Administration Office
Human Resource Department
2212 Elm Avenue,
Southwold, Ontario N0L 2G0
OR Fax (519) 652-2930
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested. (Only those selected for an interview will be contacted)
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is a preference.
- Where non-Aboriginal employees have accepted, as a term of their employment, that they may be displaced in preference to an Aboriginal candidate, the Oneida Nation of the Thames must still treat the non-Aboriginal employee in a fair and reasonable manner, by for example, ensuring that adequate notice of termination is given. It is not acceptable to dismiss a permanent employee in favour of an Aboriginal employee if no preferential policy or practice was in place at the time of the permanent hiring.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations please contact Human Resources.
NOTE: All applicants are urged to obtain a full job description, by contacting the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244.
“People of the Standing Stone”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.