Chief Administrative Officer (Maternity Leave)
Website Oneida.on.ca Oneida.on.ca
Position: Chief Administrative Officer
Term: One year contract (Maternity Leave)
Salary: $110,000-$125,000 – Based on qualifications
Hours: 40 hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday
Posting Date: March 10, 2023 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) will be responsible for leading, developing and managing successful operations of the organization employment practices. The CAO will ensure that policies, programs and services are carried out efficiently and effectively. Responsible to ensure that all duties, programs and services are undertaken in accordance with applicable regulations and standards and are delivered in accordance with the organization’s vision and maintained at optimal level. Will provide leadership for planning and executing a strategic vision that meets the current and future needs of Oneida Nation of the Thames.
- Masters Degree in Public Administration, or related field of study, from an accredited university PLUS a minimum of three (3) years of employment in a senior management capacity; previous employment with a First Nation organization preferred; OR
- Bachelor Degree in Public Administration, or related field of study for an accredited university, PLUS a minimum of five (5) years of employment in a senior management capacity; previous employment with a First Nation organization preferred; OR
- Currently undertaking related studies towards a Bachelor or Masters with 8 years in a senior management employment capacity;
- Experience in accounting and financial reporting for projects in a First Nation required;
- Experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- An advanced knowledge of risk-based audit procedures, including planning, techniques, testing and sampling methods;
- Knowledge of financial and managerial control systems and processes and risk management frameworks;
- Superior knowledge of a First Nation government and a thorough understanding of the roles and responsibilities of council and administration.
- The successful candidate must submit a recent (within 6-months) Vulnerable Sector-CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.), prior to starting employment.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;
Submit all mandatory documentation to email@example.com
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is preferred.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.