The Oneida community is currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Administrator/Director of Care for their long-term care home located in the community of Oneida Nation of the Thames, on the outskirts of London. This is a culturally designated facility specific to the Oneida Settlement. Intimate knowledge of this culture, spiritual beliefs and customs will be considered an asset.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Long-Term Care Home in accordance with all applicable legislation
- Overseeing and managing the nursing care program for residents including application review and admissions to the home
- Planning and implementation of the operating plan of the home that aligns with Oneida culture and traditions.
- Planning, organizing, and supervising the use of all resources of the home to meet the resident’s needs; 24 hours a day; 7 days a week.
- Hiring; recruitment; supervision; and motivating all staff to ensure effective teamwork for the highest level of care for the residents.
- Ensuring excellent communication and commitment to Indigenous conflict resolution with all stakeholders including residents, staff, family, the Oneida community, Chief & Council, Oneida Administration, Oneida Board of Directors, the Home and Community Care Support Services (formerly known as the LHINs) within the designated Ontario Health Team, the Ministry of Long-Term Care and Public Health Units.
Eligible candidates must possess:
- Intimate knowledge and experience working with First Nations with the highest priority to serve the community.
- Registration with the College of Nurse of Ontario
- Experience with and/or knowledge of operational compliance and public health protocols specific to Infection Prevention & Control would be beneficial
- Three to five years’ experience managing and motivating a diverse group of staff in a unionized environment
- Previous experience working with Boards and Committees charged with oversight of the operations
- Administrator qualifications as directed by the most current Ministry of Long-Term Care legislation or previous management experience in a long-term care setting with the willingness to complete the required certification
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to financial budgetary restrictions as per the current funding from the Ministry of Long-Term Care
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.