The Oneida Employment & Training program is designed to help Oneida members improve their skills and find employment. The Employment & Training department administers funds under the Indigenous Skills Employment and Training (ISET) program. ISET program is funded through Employment and Social Development Canada which provides funding to the indigenous services delivery organizations that design and deliver job training services to First Nations, Inuit, Metis and urban/nonaffiliated indigenous peoples in their community
We are working to expand our resources and create more ways to help more Oneida members obtain secure and beneficial employment opportunities.
- Self Employment Assistance
- To provide assistance while clients are developing and working on their business plan.
- Targeted Wage Subsidy
- When appropriate Employment & Training assists clients in gaining on the job experience while paying partial or full wages with employers.
- Skills Training Development
- Employment & Training will pay for training for clients to gain skills for entry into the workforce.
- New Start
- Employment & Training will help with some costs associated with new jobs obtained by clients.
- Employment Counseling
- Action Plan development
Computers and associated devices are available for use for the following self-help services
- Job Search
- Cover Letters
- Job Applications
- Employment related purposes
Assisted help is available for the following services
- Resume writing
- Cover letter writing
- Employment insurance applications
Employment & Training Department
2110 Ball Park Road Unit#2
Toll Free: 866-460-4278